Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Asidius Kisekka, Age 9
“I am 9 years old now. I am in primary two [second grade] at St. Kizito Sabina Boarding Primary School. After my studies I want to become a doctor. My best subjects are maths, English, and Luganda [A Ugandan language]. I also love dancing and singing. When I am not at school I like running around and digging.”

Urban Mugume, Age 13
“I’m in primary four [fourth grade] now. We have just finished doing mid-term exams which I hope to pass well. St. Kizito Sabina Boarding Primary School is my school. I love my teachers and classmates. In fact I want to become a medical doctor. I like eating bananas, cassava, and juicy fruits. Bananas are common in our area. My hobbies are playing football, reading novels about politicians and people’s life. I also enjoy singing.”

Bob Lubega, Age 7
“I am now in primary two [second grade]. I like drawing pictures, maths, and reading story books. I also like dancing and playing football. When I grow up I want to be an engineer.”

Stella Akello, Age 10
“I am in primary five [fifth grade]. In primary five we learn English grammar, English comprehension, math, science, and religious education. I like English grammar because my teacher is good. I don’t like math because it is difficult and tricky. My best game is basketball. When I grow up I want to be a teacher because we don’t have enough teachers.”

Sylvia Nakamate, Age 14
“I enjoy reading novels, playing football, listening to music, and playing netball. I also enjoy eating meat, matooke [a banana dish], and posho [a corn meal dish]. In the future I hope to be a nurse.”
(http://www.childrenofuganda.org/sponsorChildStories.html)

These are the wishes of just a few children; what they dream their life will become. You remeber when you were younger don't you? Dreaming of where life would take you. The difference between you and these children however, is that you were able to find out. If help is not aquired soon, they never will. How would you feel in their situation? Think about it.


No comments: